The Dennis Lyall Memorial Trades Scholarship was created in 2023 to honour Dennis Lyall for his leadership as an original and long-serving board member of Atuqtuarvik Corporation. This scholarship also recognizes Dennis’ life-long commitment and involvement in business as a business owner, and his many contributions in helping to establish a stable and progressive economy in Nunavut. To commemorate Dennis’ positive impact and influence, we are pleased to offer this scholarship to students who are pursuing a post-secondary education in the field of trades.
The Atuqtuarvik Corporation Dennis Lyall Memorial Trades Scholarship selection committee will award one (1) $5,000 scholarship, to a student in the field of study of trades, enrolled in a post-secondary education institution each year.
- The applicant must be an Inuk under the Nunavut Agreement.
- The applicant must be enrolled in a post-secondary institution in the field of trades.
- An applicant can be awarded the scholarship only one time.
- A completed application package must be received by the deadline date.
- Completed application form.
- A 500-word essay explaining why you are pursuing your current choice of studies, what career path you hope to pursue following the completion of your studies, and how Nunavut/Nunavummiut will benefit from your field of study.
- Proof of acceptance/enrollment in full-time studies.
Submitting Your Application
Atuqtuarvik Corporation Scholarship Committee
102-61 Tupirvik Avenue
P.O Box 900
Rankin Inlet, NU
Toll Free: 1-888-645-5901
The deadline for scholarship applications is October 27, 2023 at 5:00 PM CST.