The John Hickes Business Scholarship offered was created in 2018 to honour John Hickes for his leadership as an original and long-serving board member of Atuqtuarvik Corporation. This scholarship also recognizes John’s life-long commitment and involvement in business as a business owner, and his many contributions in helping to establish a stable and progressive economy in Nunavut. To commemorate John’s positive impact and influence, we are pleased to offer this scholarship to students who are pursuing a post-secondary education in the field of business.
The Atuqtuarvik Corporation John Hickes Business Scholarship selection committee will award one (1) $5,000 scholarship to a student in the business stream at a post-secondary education institution each year.
- The applicant must be an Inuk under the Nunavut Agreement.
- The applicant must be enrolled in a post-secondary institution in the field of business or in a program relating to the advancement of Inuit.
- An applicant can be awarded the scholarship only one time.
- A completed application package must be received by the deadline date.
- Completed application form.
- A 500-word essay explaining why you are pursuing your current choice of studies, what career path you hope to pursue following the completion of your studies and how Nunavut/Nunavummiut will benefit from your field of study.
- Proof of enrollment in full-time studies.
Note that the essay and proof of enrollment should be ready to be uploaded when you start to fill out the application form!
Submitting Your Application
Please Submit Your Application Online or send your filled-out forms by e-mail, mail or fax to:
Atuqtuarvik Corporation Scholarship Committee
102-61 Tupirvik Avenue
P.O Box 900
Rankin Inlet, NU
Toll Free: 1-888-645-5901
The deadline for scholarship applications is July 29, 2022 at 5:00 PM CST.